Healthcare in Hungary: Are There Any Lessons From Abroad?
International conference on the healthcare in Hungary and the lessons from abroad.
Healthcare in Hungary
“Are There Any Lessons From Abroad?”
Date: May 04, 2017, 10:00-13:00
Place: Magyar Tudományos Akadémia / Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 1051 Budapest, Széchenyi ter 9
Sponsors: Friends of Hungary and Danube Institute
09:30-10:00 Registration, Morning Coffee
10:00-10:10 Welcoming Remarks, John O’Sullivan, President Danube Institute, introduction of Moderator.
10:10-10:20 Program Overview
Professor Márta Péntek, Professor Corvinus, Moderator
10:40-11:30 Two Socialist Medical Models—Sweden and Canada. What’s Working, What’s Not?
Dr. Antal Németh, Professor of the Karolinska Institute, Sweden
Dr. Stephen Szarka, Asst. Clinical Professor McMaster University
Q and A
11:30-11:45 Coffee break
11:45-12:40 The U.S. Model— Quality of Care? Good. Coverage? Poor.
Dr. Sándor Szabó., Medical Director University of California, Irvine
Dr. Zsuzsanna Sándor, Prof. of Internal Medicine, U of Ca., Irvine
Q and A
12:40-13:15 Technology Cost Containment—Why Doesn't Medical Technology Bring Down the Cost of Healthcare?
Devon Herrick, Ph.D, Senior Fellow, National Center for Policy Analysis
Q and A
13:00-13:30 Round Table Discussion With Moderator and Panelists
• Dr. Devon M Herrick, Senior Fellow with the National Centre for Policy Analysis, U.S.
• Dr. Sándor Szabó, Professor of pathology and pharmacology at the University of California, Irvine, in addition to teaching medical students and resident doctors and serving as medical director. In 2010, he was chosen as external member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
• Dr. Zsuzsanna Sándor, Professor of Internal Medicine and co-director of the resident program in internal medicine at the University of California, Irvine.
• Dr. Antal Németh, Professor of the Karolinska Institute, Sweden since 2009, and currently a senior professor. He received the H.M. The King’s 12th size Gold Medal in 2011.
• Dr. Stephen Szarka, Assistant Clinical Professor of the Family Practice Department of McMaster University.
Moderated by Dr. Márta Péntek, Professor Corvinus University
Comments by Dr. István Éger, President, Hungarian Medical Chamber
Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 1051 Budapest, Széchenyi ter 9
Kodály Hall and Vörösmarty Hall
Frank Furedi on the crisis of socialisation (video)Videos
A lecture by Frank Furedi at the Danube Institute.
Political crisis in Australia? (video)Videos
A lecture by James Allan.
Consciousness and Artificial IntelligenceVideos
Dr. David Dusenbury and Dr. David Martin Jones on the effects of technology on our lives and future.
Mid-Trump: a lecture by Byron York (video)Videos
A lectury by Byron York on the American politics in 2018.
What happened? Debate on the election in Hungary (video)Videos
Boris Kálnoky and Balázs Orbán on the 2018 parliamental election in Hungary.
Dehumanizing the OtherFuture events
A conference at the CEU with the participation of John O'Sullivan, president of the Danube Institute.
European Parliament, Heart of the European Democracy?Past Events
Event of the Antall József Knowledge Centre and the Robert Schuman Foundation.
The Future of the West: Rod Dreher in Budapest (video)Videos
The lecture of Rod Dreher on the Benedict Option and the future of the West at the Danube Institute.
Germany Between Elections and a New Government (video)Videos
A debate on the German political landscape at the Danube Institute.
The EU and Israel: an uneasy relationship (video)Videos
Professor Eytan Gilboa (Israel Public Diplomacy Forum) and Dr. István Gyarmati (ICDT) talked about the Middle East.
MAPH-1067 Budapest, Eötvös u. 24.
Phone: +36 1 269 1041
Switch to a larger map