Healthcare in Hungary: Are There Any Lessons From Abroad?
International conference on the healthcare in Hungary and the lessons from abroad.
Healthcare in Hungary
“Are There Any Lessons From Abroad?”
Date: May 04, 2017, 10:00-13:00
Place: Magyar Tudományos Akadémia / Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 1051 Budapest, Széchenyi ter 9
Sponsors: Friends of Hungary and Danube Institute
09:30-10:00 Registration, Morning Coffee
10:00-10:10 Welcoming Remarks, John O’Sullivan, President Danube Institute, introduction of Moderator.
10:10-10:20 Program Overview
Professor Márta Péntek, Professor Corvinus, Moderator
10:40-11:30 Two Socialist Medical Models—Sweden and Canada. What’s Working, What’s Not?
Dr. Antal Németh, Professor of the Karolinska Institute, Sweden
Dr. Stephen Szarka, Asst. Clinical Professor McMaster University
Q and A
11:30-11:45 Coffee break
11:45-12:40 The U.S. Model— Quality of Care? Good. Coverage? Poor.
Dr. Sándor Szabó., Medical Director University of California, Irvine
Dr. Zsuzsanna Sándor, Prof. of Internal Medicine, U of Ca., Irvine
Q and A
12:40-13:15 Technology Cost Containment—Why Doesn't Medical Technology Bring Down the Cost of Healthcare?
Devon Herrick, Ph.D, Senior Fellow, National Center for Policy Analysis
Q and A
13:00-13:30 Round Table Discussion With Moderator and Panelists
• Dr. Devon M Herrick, Senior Fellow with the National Centre for Policy Analysis, U.S.
• Dr. Sándor Szabó, Professor of pathology and pharmacology at the University of California, Irvine, in addition to teaching medical students and resident doctors and serving as medical director. In 2010, he was chosen as external member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
• Dr. Zsuzsanna Sándor, Professor of Internal Medicine and co-director of the resident program in internal medicine at the University of California, Irvine.
• Dr. Antal Németh, Professor of the Karolinska Institute, Sweden since 2009, and currently a senior professor. He received the H.M. The King’s 12th size Gold Medal in 2011.
• Dr. Stephen Szarka, Assistant Clinical Professor of the Family Practice Department of McMaster University.
Moderated by Dr. Márta Péntek, Professor Corvinus University
Comments by Dr. István Éger, President, Hungarian Medical Chamber
Hungarian Academy of Sciences, 1051 Budapest, Széchenyi ter 9
Kodály Hall and Vörösmarty Hall
Video: Reflections on the Revolution in FranceVideos
Anne-Elisabeth Moutet, Ulla Terkelsen and Eszter Petronella Soós on the political situation in France.
Jobb elnök lennél, mint Trump?Past Events
Bizonyítsd be! Nyerj gyakornoki helyeket és más értékes díjakat a szimulációs versenyen!
George Friedman on The Future of the Transatlantic AllianceVideos
Keynote lecture of George Friedman (Chairman and Founder, Geopolitical Futures).
Brexit - Where To Go From Here?Past Events
The clock is ticking. An event of International Diplomatic Student Association.
Fateful Years: the memoir of Vilmos Nagybaczoni NagyPast Events
The introduction of the first English edition with György Schöpflin, John O'Sullivan and Sándor Szakály.
Reflections on the Revolution in FrancePast Events
Anne-Elisabeth Moutet, Ulla Terkelsen and Eszter Petronella Soós will comment on the political situation in France which includes several months of rioting throughout the country by the Yellow Vests
Mid-Trump: a lecture by Byron York (video)Videos
A lectury by Byron York on the American politics in 2018.
Reinvigorating U.S.–Central European relationsPast Events
A conference on the Trump Administration’s perspective with James Jay Carafano (The Heritage Foundation).
Hungary in the new era of rising ChinaPast Events
What does the rise of China and Beijing's new narrative mean for countries like Hungary?
Trump and America's Human Rights Diplomacy - VideoVideos
A lecture by Michael Horowitz.
MAPH-1067 Budapest, Eötvös u. 24.
Phone: +36 1 269 1041
Switch to a larger map