The 'Attacks on Christian Communities and institutions' themed conference organized by the Danube Institute on March 28 was designed as a preliminary conference and served as a step toward a more extensive international conference series throughout the year.
The first panel of the conference focused on the situation of Christians in the Middle East. Researchers from the Danube Institute gave a brief overview of the current situation of Christian communities in Kurdistan, Egypt, Syria, and Pakistan.
- Jeffrey Kaplan, Distinguished Fellow at Danube Institute
- Tamás Orbán, Research Fellow at Danube Institute - Iraqi Kurdistan
- Sáron Sugár, Research Fellow at Danube Institute - Egypt
- Lidia Papp, Research Fellow at Danube Institute - Syria
- David Nagy, Research Fellow at Danube Institute - Pakistan
- Tomah Ejbara, Regional Project Manager (Middle East) for Hungary Helps - Jordan